Small business website SEO kicks off with a website audit. We look closely at the Products and Services pages, particularly the targeted keywords you have used. A search engine ranking report (SERPs) is done to assess performance,on the most appropriate keyword phrases, and this becomes the benchmark for measuring progress.
On-Site Search Engine Optimisation:
Assess Relevancy Aspects: are targeted keyword phrases appropriate?
- Preliminary rank review on Google & Bing
- 404 Error status checks and custom 404 error page assessment
- Titles, Descriptions, headings and image alt texts
- Use of Social Media
Review Architectural Issues:
- Navigational system, menus
- Internal links
- HTML – code errors, compliance with standards
The User Experience:
- Page load speeds
- Site design and layout – mobile-responsive or not?
- Content: quality, quantity, duplication, canonical etc
- Review quality of incoming links
- Assess over-optimisation penalties
- Recommend link improvement strategy
Basically, we take a thorough snapshot of your current site’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunties and threats….
We then set about addressing each of those aspects for you!